Thursday, August 16, 2012

ACT Light Rail meets the Australian Motorists Party


ACT Light Rail met today with Chic Henry of the Australian Motorists Party to discuss Canberra transport issues and light rail. I wouldnt say Chic has been converted to our cause, but he was prepared to listen.

We had a very wideranging discussion on Canberra issues, and I came away with a lot of food for thought, and some questions I need to find answers for. This is a good thing.

One common area of agreement was that the current public transport system just isnt working. If Chic is elected, I'd strap myself in tight if I was an ACTION bureaucrat or ACT Govt Transport policy person.

We will meet again, and I trust that I am able to address the questions that the Motorists Party have. Its important to have dialogue - even with people who dont always appear to agree with our point of view.

There is more that unites us than divides us.

No comments:

Post a Comment